Australian High Commission
United Kingdom
High Commission address: Australia House, Strand, London WC2B 4LA


Please refer to the table below to determine if you are required to lodge an application in person or by mail.  You will need to make an appointment to lodge your application.

The Edinburgh Passport Office ceased operation on 17th April 2014. Information about Australian passports can be found on this website or by calling the Passport Office at the Australian High Commission in London on ph: 020 7887 5816 (9am - 12noon, Monday to Friday).


Important updates to passport applications

Lodging a passport application in the UK  

Citizenship by Descent information

Are you reporting a lost or stolen passport?

Current Passport Fees, Processing times and Priority service

Payment Authorisation slip click here

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us





Child's passport

Must be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for applicant - child is not required to attend interview

PC8 click here

First adult passport

Must be lodged in person.

If you are 18 years or over and have previously held a child Australian Passport that was:

Issued after 1 July 2005, vaild for at least two years and you were 16 years or over at the time of issue use the PC7 application.


Must be lodged in person using the PC8 for all other First Adult passport applications.   






PC7 click here





PC8 click here

Adult renewal

Lodge by mail if you were over 18 when your previous passport was issued 


you hold an Australian adult passport issued with at least two years' validity; and

the passport was issued after 1 July 2000; and

the passport was issued with your current personal details (i.e name, date of birth, place of birth and sex); and

you are an Australian citizen aged 18 years or over.

PC7 click here

Replacement of lost, stolen or seriously damaged passport

Must be lodged in person

PC8 click here

Replacement of emergency passport or other limited validity document

Must be lodged in person

PC8 click here

First passport since resuming AUSTRALIAN citizenship

Must be lodged in person

PC8 click here

Name Changes

Must be lodged in person

More information on Name Changes.

PC8 click here