- About us
- Visas, Migration and Citizenship
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Passport services
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
BB2, Political Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Starting Salary: £31,717 per annum
Position Security Assessment: Top Secret (Australian National)
Full time: 36.75 hours per week
Applications are sought from people interested in employment under local terms and conditions as Locally Engaged Staff.
PLEASE NOTE: It is a condition of this appointment that any candidates applying for this position must be able to obtain and maintain an Australian National Security Clearance to Top Secret Level and must therefore be an Australian citizen.
Under general direction and limited supervision, undertake a wide range of communications, office management, administrative and support activities. In particular, this involves:
1. Providing executive support, including diary management, scheduling appointments, organising domestic and international travel and administrative reporting requirements, coordinating representational functions, drafting correspondence, forwarding diplomatic mail. Extensive engagement with Australian and other Government officials.
2. Providing financial management including monitoring of budgetary reporting and preparation of budget projections for the office.
3. Assisting with the coordination of visits programs, associated travel logistics and documentation, and in-house meeting and catering arrangements.
4. Management of day-to-day administration of the office, including maintenance of filing systems, financial records and other auditable documents, and contracts databases.
5. Research and reporting as directed.
A. High level administrative and organisational skills including demonstrated ability to work independently with initiative, to manage own work loads and to recognise, set and manage competing priorities
B. Well-developed oral and written communication skills. Ability to work as a member of a team. Strong interpersonal skills
C. Competence in the use of Word, Excel, Lotus Notes , Internet
D. Ability to comprehend and apply broad procedural guidelines, legislation and policies.
E. It is a condition of this appointment that any candidate applying for this position must be able to obtain an Australian National Security Clearance to Top Secret level and must therefore be an Australian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close 9:00 am (London time), Monday 1 July 2013.
Please email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including both of the following documents as attachments:
1. UK-based staff Application Form, including an address to each of the selection criteria for the role; and
2. Your current resume/CV.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: The UK-based staff application form is only compatible with the Windows operating systems, and must therefore be completed and submitted using a PC. If the form is completed or submitted using a Mac it will come through blank.