- About us
- Visas, Migration and Citizenship
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Passport services
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visas, Migration and Citizenship
Welcome to the website of the Migration Branch of the Australian High Commission in London. We are an overseas office of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). We service clients who are usually resident in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Counter Service Hours
Please note that from 1 January 2014, the counter will only be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, between 9.00am and 11.00am. For further information, please click here.
New Online Services
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has made improvements to immi.gov.au. There is a fresh look, improved search functionality and a user friendly structure to help you find what you need, when you need it.
On the site you can:
• use the ‘Find a Visa’ tool to search for a visa that might be right for you
• see customized information by indicating which country you are in
• find detailed information on all Australian visas such as lodgement options, pricing, conditions, entitlements and eligibility, all on a single page.
Please see www.immi.gov.au
From 9 December 2013 you can create a single point of entry into online visa services with your own online account. ImmiAccount is a self-service web portal that enables you to create, submit, pay for and manage all online applications in one online system.
ImmiAccount will allow you to perform a range of tasks online, such as:
• commencing, completing and paying for an application
• attaching documents to support your application
• making changes to personal details
• tracking the status of your application
• accessing relevant forms and correspondence.
ImmiAccount accepts all online applications except for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) and Citizenship applications.
Changes to the Europe Service Centre Contact Hours
Please note that from 1 November 2013, the service hours of the ESC will change to ensure more equitable access to service from both English and non-English Speakers. For further information, please click here.
Planning a holiday in Australia?
If you hold a passport from the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or Vatican City you can apply electronically free of charge for a visa to visit Australia for a holiday.
Visa and Citizenship Information
- Visa information
- Citizenship by descent information
- Check the status of your Australian visa online & visa evidencing (visa label)
- Migration Agents
- Protecting yourself from migration fraud
- Translation and certification of documents
- ‘Refer to Embassy’ message instructions
- Travelling to, entering and departing Australia
Forms, Fees, Health and Character
- Application forms
- Application charges (fees)
- Health information and Panel Doctors
- Character information and UK/Irish Police Clearances
Client Service Charter and Feedback
We value all compliments, complaints and suggestions. Your feedback helps us to improve the quality of our information, products and services. We seek client feedback in a number of ways, including client satisfaction surveys and direct feedback from clients.